Connect with us
JUMIA TECH WEEK

ENTERTAINMENT

Sean Diddy Combs Denies ‘Fictional’ Gang Rape Allegations

Published

on

Sean Diddy Combs

Sean “Diddy” Combs has issued a court statement disputing allegations that he gang-raped a 17-year-old girl in 2003.

This was one of four distinct sexual assault allegations brought against the R&B star late last year.

The suit, Jane Doe, claimed that she was taken by private jet from Michigan to Combs’ recording studio in New York.

After being offered “copious amounts” of narcotics and drink, the plaintiff claimed she was assaulted by three persons, including Combs and Bad Boy Entertainment chief Harve Pierre.

On February 20, Combs, led by Attorney Shawn Holley, told a federal court that Jane Doe’s claims were “entirely fictional.”

Advertisement

They also responded to photo-graphs provided by the plaintiff  — in which she is pictured sitting on Combs’ lap in his recording studio — by arguing the photo-graphs were potentially falsified or taken out of context.

“He never participated in, witnessed, or was or is presently aware of any misconduct, sexual or otherwise, relating to the plaintiff in any circumstance whatsoever,” the document reads.

Combs’ attorneys also claim these allegations are unconstitutional considering his accuser’s “decision to wait more than two decades” has obstructed his “ability to defend himself fully and fairly.”

“Some or all evidence that otherwise would have been available if the action had been promptly commenced may be unavailable, lost, or compromised,” Combs’ attorneys write.

The case against Combs was filed under the Victims of Gender-Motivated Violence Protection Law, which allows cases with significant time gaps to be filed outside the usual statute of limitations.

Advertisement

In a statement, Jane Doe’s lawyer Douglas Wigdor writes, “The deeply troubling allegations against the defendants by multiple women speak for themselves.

The ridiculous claim that the photos are somehow fake and the law at issue is unconstitutional is nothing more than desperate attempts to conjure a defence where none exists.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ENTERTAINMENT

Sydney Sweeney Attacks Producer Who Said She Can’t Act

Published

on

Sydney Sweeney

Hollywood actress, Sydney Sweeney has responded to veteran Hollywood producer Carol Baum’s comments about her appearance and filmography.

Baum, whose credits include ‘Father of the Bride’ and ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’, made critical comments about Sweeney during a discussion with The New York Times film critic Janet Maslin in Pleasantville, New York.

“How sad that a woman in the position to share her expertise and experience chooses instead to attack another woman. If that’s what she’s learned in her decades in the industry and feels is appropriate to teach to her students, that’s shameful. To unjustly disparage a fellow female producer speaks volumes about Ms. Baum’s character,” a representative for Sweeney, 26, said in a statement. Sweeny recently produced and starred in the box office hit ‘Anyone But You’ and the horror film, ‘Immaculate’.

Baum’s comments discussed the actress’ recent romantic comedy hit. “There’s an actress who everybody loves now: Sydney Sweeney. I don’t get Sydney Sweeney. I was watching on the plane Sydney Sweeney’s movie (Anyone but You) because I wanted to watch it. I wanted to know who she was and why everybody was talking about her. I watched this unwatchable movie — sorry to people who love this … romantic comedy where they hate each other,” said Baum, according to the Daily Mail.

Baum, who is also a University of Southern California adjunct professor, said she spoke about Sweeney with her class.

Advertisement

“I said to my class, ‘Explain this girl to me. She’s not pretty, she can’t act. Why is she so hot?’ Nobody had an answer,” said Baum.

Baum reportedly told TMZ that she regrets her original comments and explained that she doesn’t typically speak negatively.

 

Continue Reading

ENTERTAINMENT

Mo Abudu Unveils BTS Images Of Dust To Dreams

Published

on

Mo Abudu

Nigerian filmmaker and media mogul, Mo Abudu has released behind-the-scenes photos of her latest production, ‘Dust to Dreams: A Dream Come True’ starring Hollywood actor, Idris Elba and RnB singer, Seal.

Taking to her Instagram page, the filmmaker expressed a heartfelt appreciation to Elba for believing in the project and for his exceptional partnership and direction as the director of “Dust to Dreams.”

“Here’s a glimpse into our story – Lagos nightclub owner Milli (Nse Ikpe-Etim) entrusts her legacy to her shy daughter Bisola, while a long-lost soldier father (Seal) reunites with his family.

Milli’s sisters, Comfort (Eku Edewor) and Patience (Atlanta Bridget Johnson) are trying to find their place in the world.

“Music becomes their redemption, with a soulful duet healing them all. Watching the rushes, I’m overwhelmed by the award-winning performances of our entire cast. Thank you all immensely. To the seamless team behind it all, God bless you.

Advertisement

At our wrap party, Idris declared this the best crew he’s ever worked with,” she wrote. She also expressed gratitude to the sponsor of the project AFREXIM Bank for the priceless support.

“Music is integral to the film, with cameos from rising stars and an unforgettable original title song that will leave you spellbound! A huge thank you to @MichaelWilliams1007 and his team at the White Orchid Hotel and EbonyLife Place for hosting our cast and crew. To all at EbonyLife Media, who support us with HR, Operations, Legal, Finance, and Security, I say thank you.

“This film is a testament to the power of collaboration. Thank you, God, for this incredible opportunity! Now over to post-production and the rest,” Abudu added.

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading

ENTERTAINMENT

Billionaire Mogul E-Money Honours Junior Pope’s Wishes, Vows to Raise Actors’ Three Kids

Published

on

Billionaire business mogul E-Money has taken on the responsibility of raising the late Jr Pope’s three children. The news broke today when E-Money shared the late Jr Pope’s final words, which revealed his commitment to his children’s well-being and future.

“Na Only Me My Mama Born | Get Three Children, Na Me Go Raise Them,” said the late Jr Pope in his final moments. These poignant words moved E-Money, who immediately pledged to keep his promise and provide the children with the love and care they deserved.

E-Money will nurture the three children who are now finding solace in the embrace of the Okonkwo family, just as their late father would have wanted. E-Money, known for his philanthropy and willingness to help others, has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to making a positive difference in the lives of those who are in need.

The late Jr Pope, a respected figure in the acting community, left a legacy that E-Money is determined to continue. With his vast resources and influence, E-Money is dedicated to providing children with the best education, opportunities, and a nurturing environment in which to thrive.

The announcement of E Money’s pledge was met with widespread admiration and support. Many people have praised his compassion and generosity, recognising how profoundly this act of kindness will affect the lives of the late Jr Pope’s children.

Advertisement

As the children embark on this new chapter in their lives, the community comes together to offer support and encouragement. E Money’s commitment to raising the children as his own exemplifies the power of compassion and the importance of respecting the wishes of those we have lost.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending