Pursuant to the vision of strengthening the administrative and security architecture of Gregory University Uturu as a way of enhancing the institution’s emergence as a global centre of academic excellence, applications are currently being received to fill the following vacancies;
- Chief Security Officer
- Chief Stores Officer
- The University Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University who is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to the Governing Council, Senate,
Convocation, Congregation and other statutory bodies as defined by the University Laws.
- He/ She shall also perform all other duties assigned to him/ her by the Council and/or the Vice-Chancellor from time to time.
- The ideal candidate must possess a good University Honours Degree and a Master’s Degree.
- He/She must also have at least fifteen 15 years post qualification experience, out of which a minimum of five 5 years must have been spent in a position not less than Deputy Registrar in a University.
The Candidate for the position of the Registrar must have a very good understanding of the dynamic and complex nature of University administration.
- Must have ability to pursue and achieve set goals and objectives and
must possess the drive and resilience that the University environment
- Must not be above 55 years of age at the time of appointment.;
- Be a person of integrity and strong moral character.
- Must be able to relate excellently well with staff, students and the
- Be a person with an articulate vision and strong commitment for the
development of the University.
- Be up-to-date in Information and Communication Technology ICT
capacity and skills.
- Must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or evidence of Exemption.
- Must be physically and emotionally stable.
2.THE CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER
- It is the job of the Chief Security Officer to develop and implement
strategic security protocols and procedures for the university.
- He/She provides strategic vision and direction in security aspects
while ensuring the protection of all forms of property belonging to the
- Hiring and training of security personnel who must be vast in
deploying ICT for intelligence and vigilance.
- He/She initiates safety measures to protect the lives and properties
of members of the university community while maintaining effective
liaison and productive partnership with other statutory security
- Must be mentally and physically fit, while having the capacity to
organize and supervise daily drill sessions for the university security
The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
with a minimum of ten (10) years experience in the armed forces, police
or other related security assignments and would have attained the rank
of Chief Superintendent of Police or its equivalent. An intelligence or
crime management background will be an advantage.
- The candidate for Chief Security Officer must be conversant with the
university environment and be equipped with the requisite skills to
network the divers groups that constitute the citadel community.
- He/She should be a team player that is endowed with fluent
communication skills, while possessing good moral virtues.
- The right candidate for the position of Chief Security Officer must not
be above 55 years on assumption of office
- THE CHIEF STORES OFFICER
- The Chief Stores Officer is the general overseer and coordinator of all
- It is his/her responsibility to liaise with the procurement officer in the
procurement of all university goods
- The ideal candidate should be a holder of a Bachelors degree in the
Social Sciences or Commerce with at least 12 years post qualification
- He should also have passed the final examination of the Institute
of Purchasing and Supply with at least 12 years post qualification
- The candidate for Chief Stores Officer should be conversant with the
university work environment.
- Responsible to the University Bursar
Conditions of Service
Appointments shall be on such terms and conditions as may be
specified in the letters of engagement guided by policies approved by
the Governing Council of Gregory University Uturu
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit ten (10)
copies of their application letters and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
giving the following information;
- Full Names
- Post Desired
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Email Address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications with dates
- Professional Qualifications with dates where applicable
- Work Experience with dates
- Present Employment stating status
- Extra Curricula Activities
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees.
All application should be addressed to;
The Vice Chancellor,
Gregory University Uturu.
Amaokwe Achara Uturu
Application Closing Date: September 24,2021
Candidates should also request their referees to transmit referral letters confidentially to above address.